Tuesday, November 10, 2009

off season?

I've already caught myself referring to 2010 as 'this year.' Like I've said before, a cyclists new year is when he starts training again.

Gotta love the off season. Went hiking some in the Mtns, ate plenty of unhealthy food, watched a lot of football, enjoyed the weather. Now I'm back on the bike and loving every minute of training. Macon is beautiful this time of year (well, not right now, it's pouring down rain).

I kicked off real-talk training with a BIG ride the other day. I road out towards Pine Mtn in West Georgia where I planned to meet up with my buddy Will and ride some in the park before getting a lift back to Macon. Well, I got lost numerous times, ended up on some dirt roads, cracked 4 or 5 separate times and ended up with 6.5 hours and 120 miles when I finally un-lost myself. Still, it was an awesome day. For you Mid-Ga cyclists looking for some climbing, Pine Mtn has some great small climbs at only an hour away; as opposed to 3 or 3.5 hours of driving to the gaps.

No comments: