Thursday, April 22, 2010

relaxing on Jersey

First of all, if you're a cyclist in Georgia or the rest of the southeast, you should be at the Macon Cycling Classic on May 1st. It's gonna be an absolute stunner of a course and the race is put on by some great folks. I'm a bit sad to be missing it.

Our week on Jersey before the Tour of Bretagne is going by fast. The past few days have been really relaxing and we've gotten to see the best of the Island. We've been doing a decent bit of training, and although the Island isn't huge there are enough roads that the training is surprisingly nice. It's scenic and the weather is great right now so I couldn't ask for much more. Aside from training, we've been relaxing at our great host house or at Big Maggy's, just enjoying some down time.

I have to say yesterday afternoon was the highlight of the trip so far. Leo Mansell had us over for an awesome barbecue that almost made me feel like I was at home. Leo and his brother Greg are not only top guys, but pro racing car drivers as well. Their father is F1 legend Nigel Mansell, who I was honored to meet. The food was great and we all had an awesome time. We owe thanks to Leo for having us over, and to Greg for some strong work on the grill.

Just a few more days of vacation before we start the tour of bretagne on Sunday, I think we're all well up for it.

No comments: