Sunday, August 10, 2008

Matt Winstead for a day



Apparently Matt is tired of always making the breakaway while I hang out in the field whenever we race together...so yesterday I got to be his stand-in on the Podium while he was out getting in some extra miles...oh yeah, I also got to pretend to be him and pick up his number at registration! Being Matt Winstead is pretty cool but I don't seem to have picked up superman strength yet.

Anyway, raced yesterday near atlanta in the Cycleworks road race. Small but strong field, Matt took off early with Tim Henry of Jittery's and John Murphy of Healthnet and ended up third. A chase group of 2 took off a bit later but never really put any time into the break. The field shattered pretty good and Eric Murphy and I took off towards the end and stayed away, he knocked me pretty good in the sprint and I took 7th. I'm back to some actual training and felt okay yesterday, I think soon I'll be back in some pretty good form.

No comments: