Tuesday, August 5, 2008

really?



Did I ever mention Gwinnett Bike Fest? I did the Norcross crit Friday before last. Not riding or sleeping all week isn't the way to have the best form, but I had an effing blast flying around a super fast and really, really dark course (as in, immediately after the race you couldn't see the final turn looking back along the finish stretch). Hadn't raced a crit in a looong while so I embarassd myself in the corners. Used the little bit of legs I had to try and help my teammate Matt Winstead who grabbed a nice 3rd behind Cesar Grajales of Rock Racing and a Team type 1 rider. Honestly, I didn't do much for him, he's so damn strong not much I need to do.

The road race was a bust, got reaaaallllly sick nasty dehydrated by not drinking post-90 minute crit in the heat, or drinking while hanging out in the sun before the road race. Lasted all of 20 minutes before I found my car and considered dying.

Sooo, these past few days I went up to the mountains and goofed off there followed by ga tech orientation, which was about as big a waste of time as I've ever experienced.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Let me tell you the important crap they don't cover at orientation:
You will have a friday 8 am class, learn to deal with it. Possibly by staying up all night if you're already out partying.
Junior's Grill Has the best chicken tender basket in the country, maybe the world.
Sell back your books. take the money and run, you'll never read them again.
The real lesson of Tech is how to survive bullshit bureaucracy and still achieve something.
Find a good source of 'Word' - old test copies. They're the best study tool because professors are lazy and don't change the questions.
LOCK YOU BIKE. AT ALL TIMES.