Saturday, September 6, 2008

aaaachhhhh!!!!

Univest started off sweet despite pouring rain all day. within 10 miles I decided it was my favorite race of ever. I was riding well, stayed at the front except for one stupid moment before the first kom, and felt realy good. 50k in I had made the big splits during the warp-speed start and was in the remaining peleton of 50 or so that fought it out for the minor placings behind a 20 man break. Right after that, some guys fell on a downhill, i got around them, sprinted, and promptly slammed into the 11 tooth as my rear deraileur broke. By the time I got a bike the group was 5 minutes up the road and chasing was pointless. Pretty lame considering I felt amazing and think I could have at least finished and fought it out for top 30 or 40 or something in such a stacked field. So I'm about as bummed as you can get although I guess I'm psyched in a way that I felt so good in that strong a field. LAMELAMELAME. maybe more later describing how great this race is when i feel like typing.

No comments: