Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Univest!!!

So I'm being a good little cyclist and laying in my dorm room with my legs elevated, just got done eating pasta and a salad, and doing a short spin later. My return to the monastic lifestyle of a cyclist is thanks to my return to brutal UCI racing this weekend! I'm headed up to Souderton, Pa for the Univest Grand Prix. It's one of the biggest one day races in the US and a UCI 1.2. Here (http://www.spartacycling.com/univestgp/teams.html) is the teams list, the highlights include Slipstream, Amore and Vita, Sparkasse, and most of the usual US hit squads sans health net and toyota.

It's a 100 mile race with a 62 mile main loop followed by a bunch of laps of a tough finish circuit. In the past it has blown to pieces and should again this year, especially with rain and wind being forecast for Saturday! I'm really excited, I'm motivated and in good form, so Saturday I just plan on fighting for wheels, riding at the front, and bleeding out of my eyeballs until the race is over or I'm told to stop.

If anyone's interested, the race will be broadcast live on universalsports.com

No comments: