Thursday, May 29, 2008

Chambery, france

This blog post is being written from an extremely tiny euro hotel room in Chambery, France. Seriously, I think I have to put my suitcase on the bed just to open it. Our double bed room looks more like one bed with a crack down the center, and I could barely turn around in the shower.
Chambery is in the alps a good 8 hour drive from Izegem. We made he trek this morning and got here about 5. That gave us time for a nice opener ride and pretty solid dinner. Chambery is probably the most beautiful place I’ve ever been. We’re straight up in the middle of the alps. Huge green mountains rise from the city and give way to snowcapped peaks. It’s been pretty cloudy since we’ve been here, I’m hoping for clear skies soon.
Tommorow we start the tour des pays haut savoie. Quick Steps devo team, beveren, are here. They’re one of the best, if not the best u23 team in the world. AG2R’s U23 team is here too, I think, at least we saw they’re team car.
Tomorrow’s stage goes like this: 20k neutral, flat, big climb, very small descent, another climb to the finish. 130k including the epic neutral.

1 comment:

GoFastPops said...

Good Luck, Angie and I will be cheering for you!