Tuesday, May 27, 2008

shwoooh....

That's the sound of a big sigh of relief, in case you can't tell.

The race schedule has swapped around a bit and instead of doing Roubaix I am doing le Tour des pays haut-savoie. Haut Savoie is in the french alps and suits me a bit better than roubaix. 140 pounds don't do so well on the cobbles and I wasn't too confident of making it very far. haut savoie is a 3 day u23 stage race with some monster climbing so I'll still be doing some bleeding out my eyeballs. I'm pretty excited to get to go the alps for the first time.

Not much else has been going on. yesterday I road 3 hours and apparently didn't eat enough after the race Sunday because I was bonked 30 minutes in. We did ride the koppenberg, which was cool. I busted my ass on a cobble going 6 miles an hour for Matt Brandt's amusement. After haut savoie I'm hoping to do some touristy stuff. there's also a pro kermesse 10 k from the house in a week and the rumor is that tom boonen and stijn devolder will be there.

No comments: