Friday, July 4, 2008

Winding down

I'm in the midst of my last days in Belgium this trip. Since Dinant I haven't been up to much in the way of pedaling. I took the two days after off and spent Monday in Roeselare. Tuesday we made the trip to Brugge. For those of you who don't know, Brugge is a medieval city about 50k from here. The very newest buidlings are from the 1300s and no new building is allowed within city walls. It's a pretty big tourist destination with plenty of shopping along with canals and old cathedrals to see. We had a fun day although the walking was getting to us.

I also managed to catch a bit of a cold and have felt awful on the bike since then. We pre-rode a race I was scheduled to do Saturday. But I've been moved to racing Sunday, if I race at all. I'm hoping to feel better by then. The race is 187 kilomters and sounds hard, although flat. After that I come home tuesday.

No comments: