Tuesday, March 3, 2009

stranded in greenville

Freak winter storm leaves me stranded in Greenville....gosh, that's just awful.

Between the roads here, the roads in Atlanta and 85 being either closed or backed up for hours, I didn't make it home in time for class monday. Thanks to the wonderful hospitality of the Helms, I am still in Greenville since I don't have class on tuesday. I enjoyed my day off the bike sunday by staying warm and inside most of the day. Of course, once the snow piled up I had to enjoy my first snow ball fight in years and some attempts at sledding.

Yesterday Strad and I used our day off school to go for a nice ride. Everyone we tried to talk into coming with seemed to think we were crazy....I actually thought we were too, but it ended up being great. The sides of the roads were piled with snow but the pavement was clear. We even got out to Caesar's head and did the first 2/3s of the climb before we hit slushy spots. We played it safe and turned around there so we didn't have to descend through ice. Climbing through switchbacks with snow piled on the sides of the road was one of the coolest things I've done lately on a bike. Now I'm chilling out, waiting to meet up with my teammate Chris to do another ride, hopefully making it to the top of the Mountain this time. After that, hopefully I'll make it back to Atlanta for classes Wednesday...and then be right back up here for the River Falls road race saturday!



Oh yeah, almost forgot-the first part of our kit order came in yesterday. So far just long sleeve jerseys and vests, but the rest should be in soon. They look great!



No comments: