Sunday, March 1, 2009

first race

Hey all. I'm sitting in a warm living room in Greenville watching the awful weather outside. Today's race was unfortunately cancelled thanks to the freak winter storm hitting the southeast.

Yesterday was a nice way to kick off the season. 60 miles in the pouring rain on a rolling course in Ware Shoals, SC. About 40 or 50 riders lined up for the Pro/1/2 race. My teammate Chris Butler got away early with two other riders while I enjoyed hanging out in the field and playing defense. The first rider was dropped early but the field didn't organize and chase very well. Chris ended up riding away for the solo win. I flexed my legs with a couple miles to go and got away in a little move. Thad Dulin got me for 2nd, but I ended up 3rd and was just happy to get to test out the fitness a bit. So all in all, a good day for the team. Cinthia won the women's race and our Cat 3s road well and put Blair into 4th, so solid results all around.


Me: "Cinthia! Did you win?"
her: "YES!"


No comments: