Monday, March 16, 2009

rule for life #1

Will McGinnis tells me that rule for life #1 is Don't be a dumbfuck. If you follow that, you won't really need a #2.

Best way to violate that rule in a crit-yell at me about how to take a corner, then crash yourself trying to follow me through a corner on the last lap.

Anyway, this weekend in Rome went pretty well. I didn't do anything special but felt really great on the finish climb of the road race both times over. We managed to win the tt, omnium and road race. Big congrats to Tyler Karnes who is 17, just upgraded to Cat 2s and won the road race. He made the early breakaway that ended up staying away and raced strong and smart to beat the five guys he was with soundly to take a great win.

Last weekend in Greenville-let's just say I road phenomenal, spent most of the day off the front, and took a perfect flyer out of the breakaway with 2 or so miles to go. Got caught within 200 meters of the finish. Quite the heartbreaker, but it's still just local racing and I've got my mind on the mountains of Europe in May and June.