Tuesday, May 26, 2009

catchup

After France I rested a few days and raced again at the GP Impanis against all the top Belgian teams Thursday. The race went ok, it was a tough day and I finished in the peleton well behind the sprinters. I was able to be aggressive and mix it up a bit but it didn't come to much.

Saturday I raced again near the house, I was in the group of 50 or so that was left with 35ish K to go and feeling good, unfortunately I broke the cleat in my shoe and didn't factor in the finale. I also came down with a little bit of a cold so I skipped the race I was scheduled for Sunday.

After GP Impanis I headed back to Izegem for a few days, but today I returned to luxembourg. Six of us are here training until Monday when we leave for Volta Tarragona. It's a 5-day, six-stage race in Spain that I'm really excited for. It has some tough climbs and even an uphill TT. I'm really excited for the race and also to visit a country I haven't been to before. From Spain I'll head back to Izegem for a bit.

No comments: