Sunday, October 5, 2008

First pro/1/2 win

I grabbed my first Pro 1/2 Win today in the cycle for parkinsons crit in gwinnett! Pretty stoked.

First, the road race saturday-the race got shortened to 50 miles and the course wasn't too hard so it stayed together most of the day. With a lap and a half ago I went on a ridiculous escapade that involved getting away in several moves, countering myself, and basically spending 10 miles off the front in various moves. Unfortunately I got caught, cracked, missed the counter, and didn't have a great sprint, and ended up 9th. So that was frustrating to say the last and I had plenty of piss and vinegar today.

Today was tough and my legs were trash at the start. It was a small field which makes for hard racing since there's nowhere to recover. The race largely boiled down to Thad Dulin and I watching each other while at the same time keeping one of the Carolina Triathlon riders (who had a 5 man team) from getting up the road. It stayed together until 6 laps to go I ended up in a five man move with thad and 3 others. I attacked with two to go and got caught, Thad countered and I was promptly gapped off. I chased back on with a lap to go and sat at the back waiting to jump into the last two corners. I attacked right when I planned and got a good launch, cooked it through the last two corners, and hung on for the win.

This is myy first pro/1/2 win and the first race i've won in a long while, so i'm pretty stoked right now.

No comments: