Tuesday, October 21, 2008

off season

I'm gonna have to quote my friend Mike on a phrase he once used, that being "a long time ago, in a galaxy that actually made some effing sense."

I like this quote because you can use it in a variety of scenarios, for example:

"A long time ago, in a galaxy that actually made some effin sense, I didn't structure nearly every day of my life around riding a bicycle."

And now that it's the offseason, this is true once more. At least for a little while. Since Greenville I've been off the bike, my man Eddy Hilger (coach) has me off the bike for a little while to recuperate from a long season and get motivated for next year. It was cool for the first few days, but I'm already craving getting back on the bike after just over a week off. Pretty soon I'll be back on the bike building up for 2009, which I'm really excited for. I think some people here at school think I'm nuts because at random times I get really excited and space out while thinking about racing. Not much else to say, but hopefully soon I can reveal he details on the team for next year. No huge news or big money contracts in hand but I'm excited about the program I'm involved with and want to make 09 a big year.

No comments: