Tuesday, October 14, 2008

i can watch football now

So, the 2008 season is now over. here's my quick rundown of Greenville on saturday:
-start
-hang out top five first few laps
-wonder why this race is so easy
-wonder if I really feel this damn good or if this race is still absurdly easy
-sorta attack
-dig my pedal in a corner while sorta-attacking
-fall over really fast and scrape my body up.
-get up, walk to the pits. "what are you doing," asks man who saw me crash. "going to the pit." "wait, are you ok?" I look around confused before replying, "oh, yeah, I'm fine."
-keep racing, move up to the front, attack a lot more in an adrenaline haze.
-cause an 11 man split to roll 10 seconds up the road with 8 laps to go.
-Fill with rage and frustration as everyone in the group refuses to take pulls and we get caught.
-roll in for an astonishing 19th in the field sprint.

Sunday went about the same, except i felt like a truck ran over me after crashing.





No comments: