Tuesday, February 24, 2009

counting down!!!

I was back in Greenville this weekend for the first of three straight weekends up there. No racing, but I did get my bike situation fixed and do some great training.

Saturday was one of the coolest rides I've ever done. only 5 hours, so not especially epic, but still incredible. My brand new scott addict and I headed out of Greenville northwards into the mountains. Probably half the ride was on roads I've never done before, yet somehow I managed to not get lost and turn it into a 7 hour ride. Don't laugh, it's happened before. The bike is incredible and I'm really lucky to be on such great equipment.

Anyway, back to the title-four days until my first race of the year! I'll be racing both days the next two weekends in Greenville at the Hincapie spring series. I'm planning on mostly using it for good race-effort type training, and learning to race with my teammates. I think even without much focus we can pull out at least some decent results though.

Here's a tentative schedule for the first half of the Season if anyone's interested:

February 28/March 1st-Greenville
March 7th/8th-Greenville
March 14th/15th-Rome GeorgiaCup
March 21st/22nd-Union City GaCup
March 26-30-Redlands Stage Race
April 4/5-Chattanooga GaCup or Rock Hill
April 18/18th-Chattanooga Scenic City Velo weekend

and the biggie:

May 3rd-June 28th: Europe

1 comment: